View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 11:49 AM   #4
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

We got Higgins when he was 7 1/2 weeks old and he weighed 24 oz. We fed him little meals of Pinnacle organic food (both canned and kibble) 4 to 6 times a day, for a total of only about 2 tablespoons of food per day. We also gave him Lamb Jerky treats by Solid Gold - 1 twice a day. The treats were recommended by the doctor to take care of any hypoglycemia he might get. Both dogs love those treats!

Pogo was used to having a can of Mighty Dog every morning....Don's idea, not mine....not good quality and too much food and Pogo has gained weight. Of course, he couldn't resist Higgin's pleas and started giving him some. Last week I put my foot down and he is now weaning them off the canned stuff to dry stuff twice a day. We have been feeding Nature's Choice recently. Pogo won't eat the "adult" one, and insists on the "puppy" kibble, so his weight is still up there. Right now Higgins runs like a rabbit all day and is VERY sleek and full of hard muscle, so we are giving him a total of about 1/3 cup per day, half in the morning, half at night. He is now 6 months old and weighs a little over 5 lbs. Will top out around 8 the vet says. Big fella.

Buy the best quality natural food you can afford and feed it in little tiny amounts evenly spread out through the day. And don't forget to have lots of fresh water on hand.

NEW HIGGINS TRICK: Brings us his bowl at dinner time! They are so funny!
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!