View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 06:57 PM   #6
AutumnDot
Yorkie Talker

Also, you might remember my post in July titled "Coccidia, what to expect?", that was while I was still struggling with Dot's health and, ultimately, her death.

By the time my vet called to say she'd passed, I just couldn't do it anymore. He asked if I was going to have an autopsy done because if so, then he would have to prepare her body. I told him no, that I was coming to get her and "do the right thing" I just couldn't do anymore to her little body. I know that she was technically "gone" but I just couldn't "hurt" her anymore.

That was Tuesday, July 24th. On Friday, July 27th, I went on southeasttexas.com to see if she had any other ads on there and she had a Yorkie on there with the same birthdate as mine and I had supposedly bought the last one from a litter of three (one died because it was too small) and the "greeder" showed me a receipt on the other pup she had sold for $1200. Now...I was livid when I saw that ad so I posted an ad warning people not to buy from a specific lady in Orange/Bridge City area. They pulled my ad after only 6 days but boy did I get some responses anyway! Several people contacted me and told me she's been doing this for a long time. So far, I've found one lady who bought a pup at Christmas time in 2004, at 5:00PM, and at 3:00AM the next morning, she was dead. The breeder told her that she must have dropped it on it's head and that she didn't know how to take care of animals! They argued for a while and then the "greeder" agreed to give her another one, but it was be a long wait. She waited 3 months and when she went to go get the pup the "greeder" tried to charge her $500 for it! They argued again and my friend ended up giving her $200 for the pup. That puppy died in 10 days. She had a lawyer send a registered letter but never rec'd a response. She turned her into AKC but to nothing ever came of it.

I suspect she's simply a broker and I am also under the impression that she has relatives in Houston that she brokers these dogs for. We may never find the PUPPY MILL but I'm trying my darndest!

One lady in Houston has two pups from her. Supposedly sisters. She's never rec'd the AKC papers so she's not for sure. They were born shortly after my pup in April. Today she had to rush one to the vet because of mucousy/bloody diarrhea. The vet told her the pup had a severe bacteria infection and if she had waited to bring the pup in, she would have died.

The local news station contacted me today, I emailed them last night, and they might be interested in doing a story. The sad thing is that TEXAS doesn't have a LEMON LAW for dogs/cats. Florida has a GREAT one! Even Arkansas has one. I found that the Humane Society of the United States, HSUS.org, has filed a class-action lawsuit in Florida against a puppy mill on July 18th. I'm hoping through all my efforts to get something like that on the books in TEXAS.

If you have the time, please visit the Humane Society's website and you will be directed on how to write our representatives requesting that they get SOMETHING on the books on behalf of innocent dogs/cats!

The more requests flood their offices the more likely they will understand that there is a great need for such laws! Our pups deserve it!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!