View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 04:51 AM   #12
YorkiesRule
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Foods

I spent a bit of time this morning reviewing some of the older posts on this site concerning foods. Lexi is refusing to eat her Special Diet Food. Some of the fault is that of family members that cannot seem to resist giving her bits off the dinner table but I'm going to shoulder the greatest blame myself.

A couple of days ago I fed Lexi off of a can of Special Diet that I just assumed my husband had just taken out of the fridge. I was running late so I quickly fed her and she ate it. A few minutes later I returned to the kitchen to cap the cap of food and return it to the fridge. That's when I noticed a funky smell. Upon further investigation I found it was the food - was I horrified! There was nothing for me to do now but watch her. Luckily she never got diarreaha or anything. The next day I fed her, she took a mouth full and proceeded to vomit. I've never been able to eat any foods that were the last thing I ate just before I got sick - like momma like puppy.

Today I boiled some chicken for her meal later this morning. Is this the right thing to do? Will the chicken be OK for her? I plan to mince it up and mix it with a portion of her Science Diet food still. What does everyone think about this.
YorkiesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!