Thread: no show
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
tinav
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Confused no show

Hi guys.....this is a perfect forum for this subject, lol:

Does anyone else have a friend that's ALWAYS a no show. Or makes plans too difficult to keep . Although not that important to me it's becoming more noticeable.

This person is one of my clients wo I see once a year (which is the way it should be). She always mentions getting together....sooo not seeing any reason to say Oh-no! lol, I say Oh-sure!, lol.

Well recently we ran into each other when I went for a checkup at the hospital (she works there) it is the only one in town and my doctor has an office there. Not that I would have any reason anyway to try to avoid her by not going there. When we ran into each other the topic of getting together (prompted by her) at a local (in town) Houlihans for lunch came up. knowing her habits I said Oh-sure give me a call when you can go.

Well I called her to mention that there was a doggie ice cream social at an organization that we both attend events. I left a voice mail to let her know that i was going....she called me back and said the she is not allowed to bring her dog to those events (as mandated by the org cause the dog is in social behavior class) Ok makes good sense.....then the lunch thing came back up and she wanted to firm up plans. Which we did for today (sunday)well.....I just checked my voice mail and of course she cancelled last night at 10:30 due to illness.

Too funny.....but it just seems that and we do make some sort of plan every year which don't materialize. I had surgery in May and she was very supportive. I was in and out the same day but she came up to see me, etc. So I wanted to thank her by treating her to lunch and make up for plans that got screwed up. Such as planing to go see a concert then last minute someone says they want to take a limo which is going to coast us an additional $120 bucks more to go 7 miles. Or that she has to rush in to the city and right back out cause her mother is not well but she really wants to get out of the house.????? Kinda nutty? I think so.

Anyone else have one of these?

Tina
tinav is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!