View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 04:10 AM   #1
LillyH
Yorkie Yakker

Smile Hi to everyone! From a new Yorkie Breeder

Hi everyone! (newbie here)
I own 4 Yorkies. 2 boys & 2 girls.
Lil-Man 6.5 lbs. Lilly 3.75 lbs. Tucker 4 lbs. & Dixie 5.5 lbs. All ranging from 1-3.5 yrs. None are related nor registered, but 3 are registerable. Around here in BC quite a few breeders sell puppies without papers... then refund partial payment with proof of spay or nuetre. So there are a whole lot of un-papered puppies in our area. Anyhow...

My youngest little girl Lilly is due to have puppies in 1-4 more days (Aug 27-30ish)
We went for our x-rays a couple of days ago and saw she is expecting 2 little babes.
This is our first litter ever, so very excited & scared all at the same time. Lilly started out at 3 lbs 11 oz. and is now 5 lbs 5 oz.
This was an oops breeding as she had only just turned 11 months when it took place... she in a diaper, and he wearing his belly band 24/7 for over 3 weeks, yet somehow someway they obviusly managed. This method has worked great every other time
For over 2 weeks I just figured my last deworming didn't work... thank god I decided to hold off before deworming her again!
I established she was pregnant when I did her monthly weigh in and discovered she had all of the sudden gained nearly a whole pound in the last month. That was on August 1st.
Thank goodness for a late first heat is all I can say! I can't imagine her going through this at an earlier age. Obviously I would have rather waited until at least her 2nd or maybe even her 3rd heat... and I was waiting to see if she would at least reach the 4lb mark before deciding if she was ok to breed to my little 4lb male to start with. Guess I'll find out now wether I like it or not
I'm sure I'll be on here lot's in the next few days with a million questions, hope everyone has loads of patients for me

Tina :-)
LillyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!