Thread: Demon puppy?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 06:46 PM   #1
oopsmyhalofello
Just Pawz
Donating Member

Default Demon puppy?

First of all I love my baby Bella to pieces, I feel guilty calling her a little demon.. but the shoe fits

I'm not by any means a new dog owner, I've had dogs always and I know how puppies can be with puppy biting and energy and the such. The only difference between the other dogs i've had and Bella is size having always had large breed dogs, I mention this only because I don't know if this is something different between the size classifications in dogs or just maybe even yorkies in general. What it is that i'm having concerns/issues/trauma or whatever label you would like to use on is her activity level and behavior. I know now that she was given to me at an age and size that isn't the norm for yorkies, I was also told that if the puppies are taken from their litter mates and Mother to young that it can cause behaviour problems down the road. I was initially told that she was born on 6/1 and now that I have received her registration papers it reflects the date of birth as 6/8 which would have made her only 8.5 weeks. What I wonder about is that she never cuddles, she never falls asleep when i'm holding her or even wants to sit and be pet. It's go go go go go, and when we are having play time she always ends up going nuts trying to bite my fingers/toes or whatever she can get a hold of. I've been trying to train her to not bite by yelping and not playing with her for a min or giving her something acceptable to chew on. I have enrolled her in puppy classes that start a week from Sunday so I hope that might help a bit.

Will she even want to cuddle? Is this normal..is there something I can do to help her want to be lovie? She really doesn't seem to like to use chew toys much either.

I really did think I knew puppies/dogs but she has thrown me for a loop. I have to say that buying Bella is one of the best things i've done, but it really has made me feel very stupid

oopsmyhalofello is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!