Thread: Gruel???
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
ImCKN
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Ip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyRenee View Post
Okay, My little Puppy is 4 wks old and I have been trying to give her the Gerber Rice cereal mixed with some puppy formula that I get from the vets office. She is now regecting it. As well as the bottle. I cant get her to eat as good ,(So it seems) However, she must be getting something in because she is gaining weight everyday. So I heard someone mention on here that they put Karo syrup in their Gerber rice cereal mix. But someone mentioned that when they did their pup got constipated because she was giving a to much Karo syrup. (If I read correctly) Sooooooo, i was wondering if someone could give me measurements of a mixture that I could give that would be safe.. and can I give mushy puppy food to her?

I just want to make sure she is getting enough in... To how much milk, to how much gruel should she be eating a day. Oh yeah, when do you introduce water or does she learn that on her own from her mommy???

Hi Joy:
Lexie's litter started gruel at 3 weeks and took to it right away. I put puppy food in the blender and made it as fine as I could...no lumps....I put 1/2 cup of this, about 1/4 cup of baby rice cereal, 1/4 cup of evaporated milk and 1/4 cup of water, and mix..if it is not soupy...add more water. I started by putting this mixture in a syring and putting a taste in each puppies mouth, and have them eat the rest of it out of my hand. I "Hand" fed each of the 7 puppies individually for 3 days, 4 times a day, and then just started putting a plate in the pen. They ate this mixture until just today, and now I am just soaking puppy food in water and evaporated milk, and letting them eat that. They all have teeth!! They all are growing like weeds. Hope your little likes this mixture as well as ours!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!