Thread: Color Faults
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 09:45 AM   #12
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeousYT View Post
If they list things such as this as a fault in the standard you would have some judges who would DQ that pup with the thumbprint which is perfectly fine to have as a pup. Also I have found the ones that cleared that topknot thumbprint to fast end up way to light in the blue color on the body.
The Yorkie standard is one of the hardest in my own opinion because some many things in the standard can be read so differently by who is reading it and interperting it.

Deana
Prestigeous Yorkies
But, it really isn't listed as a fault....it only describes the standard. The only DQ that is listed is the white that is longer than an inch.

It is a very difficult standard to decipher.....I've had conversations with judges that feel the same way. It leaves much to the eyes of the beholder. So, therefore judges, judge according to their preference in yorkies.

As you say, I've seen judges put up puppies that have cleared much to young. Those judges are unfamiliar with the breed and don't realise that those puppies are going to get very, very light.....They also don't take into consideration, the coloration of the gold is inclusive of 3 shades of gold.

In my opinion, too much emphasis is given to the coat and not enough to structure. But, then again it states in the standard, right up front, coat is of prime importance.

It was once suggested by a YTCA member to change the standard to the illustrated standard, which is detailed and doesn't leave much room for your own interpretation.....it spells it out.

Last edited by Mardelin; 08-25-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!