View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #11
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Your puppy is ADORABLE!! That picture reminds me of a picture I took of Lacy when I first got her chewing on a little thin rawhide stick. I have it in a frame on my desk.

How big is your puppy? There is actually no such thing as a teacup yorkie (or a teacup of any breed for that matter). There are not different sizes of yorkies like there are for poodles (toy, miniature, and standard). The Yorkshire Terrier standard says a Yorkie can be up to 7lbs (so anything from 1-7lbs), although some will go over that standard - the bigger ones are still yorkies, just over the standard weight. Being over standard just means they disqualify for showing and really shouldn't be bred - but it doesn't make them less of a yorkie. A lot of breeders advertise the tiny ones as "teacups" to make buyers think they have "rare" puppies and to make more money, but there is no such thing - and a breeder that advertises "teacups" is a big red flag. Show yorkies are normally 5-7lbs.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!