View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 02:00 PM   #18
kathy785
BANNED!

Sorry if you think I have lied to the airlines, but I have NOT!!! I only book two dogs onto flights that allow a person to take two on in one carrier. They were over the stated age on the web pages for the airlines, but I never tried to hide how old they were. It is clearly stated on the health certificates that I take with me. I book my dogs before I go and tell them how many (one or two). My dogs are very well behaved and most of times people do not know that I even have a dog under the seat in front of me, until we get to talking and I tell them I am traveling with my dog. If I do take the dog out of the carrier, I have any seat partner's permission as well as the flight attendents. The last flight I was on, Judy sat on my lap shortly after take off when the people around me found out I was flying a dog out to California. They asked to see her. She stayed on my lap until they called for all carry on items to be put away for landing. The flight attendent did come by and check to make sure that Judy had been put away. I have never had any nasty comments as I always think of the other passengers before myself. I know my dog is happy and safe in the carrier because they have been trained to be in crates, (Easier for shows and travel) even though they usually don't see the inside of a crate here. When I know I am traveling I practice crating again, so they are completely at ease with the confined feeling. I do leave a couple of crates out and open in my kitchen and one in my bedroom. I have seen the dogs go into a crate by themself to take a nap or get away from the other dogs.
Bottom line is there are airlines that allow 2 dogs without anyone having to lie. The airline does not seem to care about the age limit as long as the dogs are small (I traveled with 2 adult girls that were 5 pounds and 6 pounds in one carry on and the airline check-in even looked at them. Totally fine with them) Just do your homework before you book your flight.
kathy785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!