View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 12:23 AM   #1
chloemast
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Smile Help - I think she gets mad! Potty issues

Chloe arrived when she was 4 months old - My 17 yr daughter sold her horse and bought a yorkie. I was always adamant that I woud never have a dog in my house. or a dog for that matter. Well you know how that goes - how can you resist that cute little face!! Somehow I have become mom to both my daughter and her puppy. Chloe is now 10 months old and we have had potty issues since day one. She has been trained to go both outside and on a potty mat. However, she doesn't like the rain here in the northwest and if the grass is wet she will march right back in the house and to her mat. I thought we finally had the potty training issue pretty much under control with only a few accidents then things changed. We left her with family for the first time the first of July when we went on vacation When she came home she started going all over the house - week later she seemed to get back in the swing of things. However, lately I have been gone a lot during the day and she has been left alone for long periods. I use to let her have the run of the house but that changed when I came home and she had started using the carpet again. I started putting her in the utility room (where I keep her potty pads and her food ) when I am gone....the minute I get home and let her out of the utility she seems to go on the carpet. 3 days ago I shampoo'd the carpets - I usually scold her if she goes in the dining room (though she likes to sneak in and sun herself when I'm not around). She has now decided the dining room is her potty pad. Again i have been gone many hours during the day for doctor appointments, etc. so she has been home in the utility room. But when freed when i get home makes her way to the dining room It is like she is mad at me when I get home - she even sometimes ignores me. One thing I forgot to mention - if possible we take Chloe with us in the car ( going to get gas, thru a drive through or whatever). But with current demands she has been left home - she seems to "pout" and get mad. Am I imagining this?? Help!! How do i get this potty issue back under control... And what's with this attitude? We got her spade in June - does that affect the attitude? She isn't as cuddle and lovie as she use to be... Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Thank you..
chloemast is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!