View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 01:13 PM   #13
Tiger's Mom
Donating YT 8000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celstu1 View Post
I found in Northwest pet travel rules that 2 dogs under 6 months of age are allowed to travel in the same crate in the cabin... Guess my boys are taking a drink from the fountain of youth! Since the state of NM and the airline do not require health certs, the airliine cannot prove my boys are over 6 months old. That should work just fine then right? I'll say they were born Sept 1! (technically they were! just not 2007 HAHA)
When I travelled with Annika to MI via NWA, I made the reservations way ahead of the trip as I wanted to ensure she is allowed on board. NWA does allow a total of 2 dogs on a flight, not necessarily both yours so call them . . .am sure there is NO problem for you taking both of them provided the quota has NOT been met. And since you made the arrangements ahead of time, they cannot turn you down on the day of departure as your e-ticket will indicate you do have a pet travelling with you.

My experience though is that I could have easily snuck Annika inside the plane without anyone noticing her LOL. But you do have to take them out when going through security. Security does NOT care how many dogs you have, as long as your paperwork says that you are travelling with dogs, not that they checked mine I think. If NWA accepts your payment for 2 dogs when you do book through them. then the crew CANNOT deny you that right. I suggest you call and make the reservations as supposed to just showing up with them on the day of departure . . you will have peace of mind come travel day.
Tiger's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!