View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Everyone with 2 dogs!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi all,
I posted this kind of thing before.... I have 2 boys (8lbs & 5lbs) and im trying to go home for the holidays. I called all the airlines and NOT ONE will let me travel with them either in cabin or in baggage. In cabin cuz there are 2... in baggage bc of temp restrictions. I asked them HOW I can get my dogs from here to there. Noone has any answers... I just cant.

I was telling my friend, I TOTALLY understand rules & regulations and that there are restrictions and if they can limit chaos by listing them on their site then thats great. BUT... they allow 2 dogs if they are under 6 months old in 1 crate, they allow them if they are mom & pup (and pup is over 3 months). They have a 15lb weight restrictions for in cabin pets also. Ok, well my boys fit comfortably in 1 crate like they require for 1 pet, and they weight LESS than the limit. I dont get why an exception cannot be made in circumstances like this.

Airlines have the power to do what they want to do. They can say YES to my 2 dogs and tell the guy next to me NO to his one dog if they want to. It says it on their website they reserve the right to say no to any dog at any time. So why is it so difficult to just let me take my 2?? They said I need a 2nd person. Im so frustrated.

So Im left with 2 choices here...
a) Very kindly ask someone to help me get one dog through security and giving them the money for it. Thats IF I can find someone who feels they can trust me enough to do that. Then once through, jsut putting them both in the same crate for travel.
OR
b) just put the 2 of them in crate and pray the security people know nothing and really dont care that there are 2 dogs in the 1 crate.

Once I get past security I'll be fine Im sure... its just getting through that might be the tough part.

What do everyone else think? Has anyone ever run into this? How did you get around it?

I appreciate all advice!!! I just want to go home to my family for the holidays and not leave the most important members (my boys) in a kennel for the holidays... thats all I want!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!