View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 04:29 AM   #4
tinav
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Hi I too can feel your frustration....but let me assure you that one day she will seem to just go in the right place....really!! that true

But in the meantime I must mention this and it may be something that you have thought of already. One thing these little peanuts do is lead by their noses....what I mean by that is if there is a hint of a smell of weewee or poop any where that she has gone in the past...you guessed it she WILL go there again. They don't understand that you cleaned it up and that they are NOT supposed to go there again...they just sniff and go. So first I must impress upon you that no matter what cleaners you are using (I use ammonia and of course the puppy cleaner stuff) if you are NOT using enough of the solution to clean doggie weewee and poop they WILL smell it and THINK that is the place to go.

I have no knowledge of crate training although it is a VERY good way to train.

One other thing is....what ever method you decide to use.....stick with it and you will succeed. Consistency and patience are key...and also good treats .

Don't get discouraged and remember the doggies are the right ones it's us that need to understand.

I hope I helped....if you would like you can PM me if you think I can answer any questions for you. I am sure others will say a few things that you can relate to and will help.

Tina
tinav is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!