View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
Heycher
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Can you help me with advice on this situation?

Last week I had foot surgery, so have been home every day with Violet (who is now only 13 weeks old) for the past week. Prior to that, I was leaving 3 days a week for work (leaving for 10 hours), and things were fine.

Today, I had to leave for a dr. appointment and to do a couple of errands and was away from the house for 7 hours.... I came home to a wall in my kitchen that was chewed... she chewed paint off and some drywall on a patch of wall that was about 6inches x 4inches....

Currently, Violet is gated in our small kitchen when we leave, so that she has access to her potty pads, food, and toys.

My questions are:

1.) When I get home to that situation? What do I do? The act was already done... but she did act guilty. I said "what did you do" in a firm voice and then carried her over to that area and said "Violet NO". I need to know basically WHAT at that point I can do to show her that was not an OK behavior.

2.) Is there anything I can to to prevent her doing that in the future?? I can try to rig something to cover that area up? Or try the sour apple spray maybe?? There's very little exposed wall in the kitchen where she is gated (it's mostly formica type cabinets and plastic baseboard)... so it's not like there are a bunch of walls that she could potentially destruct...

Thanks so much in advance.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!