View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 07:49 AM   #3
CO_yorkie_momma
My Angels
Donating Member

I would take the fatter ones off and syringe them while the littliest ones nurse off of momma. Since Bailey got Eclampsia I have to bottle feed mine or syringe them too. They dont like the nipple and I use the smallest baby bottle and nipple I could find. Try and look for a Premie set. Those puppy ones are worthless and I never could get them to work and I tried a couple different brands. Some of mine wont suck too well but they will lap a little so I just hold the nipple in the side of their mouth and squeeze the bottle a tiny bit so they can get some out of it and then they realize it is milk in there and they lap and I squirt a tiny bit at a time on their tongues while they continue to lap it up. They do better like that and a couple of the bigger ones even suck the bottle fairly well. I let momma feed the ones that dont suck as well. The Nurtical on their tongue or gums before feeding is a good idea because it does give them a little boost. Keep working at it and let the little ones eat without getting pushed off. My little 2 oz guy weighs almost 10 ounces already and I was worried about it. He is a little scrapper just like your little one so I am sure yours will fight to eat and thrive.

Last edited by CO_yorkie_momma; 08-21-2007 at 07:52 AM.
CO_yorkie_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!