View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 04:52 AM   #5
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldenise View Post
Fleas are extremely hard to get rid of. they lay eggs in places you wouldn't think of. you have to constantly vaccume your home in each crack and crevis. Using dawn dish soap will kill the fleas but it is also very harsh on your dogs skin and hair. spraying vinegar or lemmon around the house before and after using your sweeper everywhere will help out a lot. In my opinion, I would not bomb because of the danger to my furbabies.

I took this directly off of the frontline web site under their FAQ's.

Fleas and ticks do not have to bite your pet for FRONTLINE Brand Products to work. FRONTLINE Brand Products kill fleas and ticks if they simply come into contact with your pet's hair coat. The fleas will die within 18 hours of contact with your treated pet, and ticks will die within 48 hours.

we have only had a problem with fleas once. and boy were they hard to get rid of.
while the fleas are still alive they still bite you and your dog. even if they die in a few minutes after comming in contact with a treated dog.
we have had a flea problem recently (not too happy about where they came from...but anyway...) we have used frontline and it has not worked for maggie. i am still finding live fleas on her. and i can't bathe her very well right now because of her cast. yesterday, i bought the capstar pills. they kill fleas for 24 hours. i bought 4 pills, will give them to maggie every day and continue to treat the house. the vet and i agreed that this is probably the only way to really get rid of them. since she can't be bathed and the frontline doesn't seem to be working. last month we tried advantage and it didn't work on her either. so this is a last resort for me. this is also why i think it is a good idea to treat the house. there are some products that are not so harsh as the "bombs". i bought some stuff from the vet that you spray around the house, their bedding, etc and it works really well so far. i think between that, the capstar, and the frontline...we will be all set. i'll let you know tho...

i just really think each dog is different. what works for one might not work for the other.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!