View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
Bmrchick
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Phoebe and babies update

Update on Phoebe and babies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Charlene and Barb for your advise and responding to my desperate post. The puppies are always hungry, which is good. My Phoebe is exhausted and I have to force her to leave her babies. There are little girls that I am most worried about. The 2.2 oz girl because she is the tiniest she gets pushed away by the larger one, but she is the fistiest little thing. The other girl is larger, but seems to lose her body temp and gets cold and lathargic, but when I warm her up and feed her, she responds and get alot stronger and then wants to nurse. I have tried using the puppy bottles, but the nipples are so stiff and they don't seem to really like them, so I have been using a syringe. I also have tipped by finger in karo syrupe and let them suck it off and it seems to raise their blood surger and revives them enough to nurse from the syringe. This am both babies were no doing well. I warmed them up and put nutracal on the syringe. They responed so well, and ate puppy milk, and then nursed on mommy. I gave all of the puppies the nutracal after that. I am giving Phoebe goats milk in her wet puppy food, and I am also giving her a nutracal type vitamin that the vet gave her. I am so worried her calcium levels will get to low. She is panting alot, is this normal after giving birth? It is very warm in California, but I have not turned the AC on because I do not want the puppies to get cold. I plan on making the Whelping Pudding, and also get some tums for her. I have not been to work since Thursday, but I have to go back tomarrow. It is so hard to take care of Phoebe and try to do what I can for the babies, plus take care of a almost 2 year old daughter (that is already in her terrible 2's). My step daugther came over to help me today, and we made sure all puppies were nursing, and bottle fed the 2 smallest. I don't know what I would have done without her help today. She is going to come everyday when I am at work, and I will come home duriing my lunch hour. I told my husband if I have t quit my job to save these babies then I will. As far as the puppies getting their tails docked and dewclaws removed, do you think it is safe for the weaker ones? I will try to attach 3 pics, #1 is the tinest girl, #2 other girl, and # 3 is the only male. Thank you again, and if I am doing anything wrong, or you have any other suggestions, please let me know
Attached Thumbnails

File Type: jpg 08-20-07_1547.jpg (110.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 08-20-07_1548.jpg (117.0 KB, 34 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!