View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 05:56 PM   #7
punkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe mint View Post
when he is acting aggressive. when he is playing, hold his muzzle shut (momma dog would sometimes do this) and say "no bite" very sternly. very sternly. every single time he does it. he will learn what "no bite" means. and he will not like having his muzzle held shut. maggie learned very quickly what "no bite" means. all i have to do is start to say it to her and she immediately either turns away or starts to give me kisses...as if to say "i'm sorry mommy".

it's all about establishing dominance. you have to be the "alpha" and once he realizes that you are...you can both live in peace LOL
Actually my boyfriend does that sometimes... Holding his muzzle I mean, but I wasn't sure if that was good or bad to do. Because when he does this, Milo starts crying and yelping like he's in pain even though he's not. Although when my boyfriend does that, or yells and growls at him, Milo lays on his back right away by himself and gives him "sorry kisses". But he doesn't do it with me. It's almost like he recognizes that my boyfriend has authority but not me, even though he's my dog
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!