View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshopper73 View Post
When he gets aggressive like that, you can try to lay him on his back and don't let him get up. Saw that on the Dog Whisperer once. You need to establish to him that you are the "head of your pack".
this is what i have done with maggie. I lay her on her back and hold her by her chest so that she cannot get up and cannot bite. you just have to find a hold that works for you but you have to make them totally submit to you. and while i am holding her down, i say "bad" in a stern voice.

also, when he bites but is not being aggressive...just playing...i wouldn't think you need to put him on his back then...just when he is acting aggressive. when he is playing, hold his muzzle shut (momma dog would sometimes do this) and say "no bite" very sternly. very sternly. every single time he does it. he will learn what "no bite" means. and he will not like having his muzzle held shut. maggie learned very quickly what "no bite" means. all i have to do is start to say it to her and she immediately either turns away or starts to give me kisses...as if to say "i'm sorry mommy".

it's all about establishing dominance. you have to be the "alpha" and once he realizes that you are...you can both live in peace LOL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!