View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #13
chuey
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Embarassed What a difference!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hommie View Post
Well they gave us 25mg tablets that we divided into 4's. We are on day 3 of the meds and we are suppose to give it to her for 5 days. That seems a little long to me. I would like to take her off that stuff. It is really hard to tell if she is in pain or not. My wife is going to take her in this morning to see what the vet things. Because I guess she should be eating like normal and she is not.
Hello hommie!!

I just had my baby Destiny spayed? last week Tues. She had to stay at vet overnight. She was microchipped and had 13 baby teeth pulled too. Day of surgery she only weighed 2 lbs 11oz!! Dr suggested IV to keep her fluids and sugar up due to her size. How big is your baby?

The Dr discussed pain meds with me and gave me her honest opinion. Dest appeared to be a little uncomfortable, however, not in any kind of pain. So Dr said no pain meds! I was like what? She just had major surgery! Well the thing is with these lil guys is the dosage. She was too small to give her anything reasonable if it was not absolutely necessary. So we decided to go with no meds unless I saw that she was suffering or crying. Dest has been just fine. Her stool was loose for a couple of days and even a little bloody. Vet said could be normal and clear in a couple days, or could be parasite brought on by stress. Her poop is normal now. She was eating and drinking (a little less drinking than eating) same day she came home. Soft food at first, now she eats anything and is even playing with the bully sticks!! She is doing really well and even trying to jump on and off furniture!!

There was no cone or any kind of bandage put on her. I have been home everyday with her though. She has licked the incision a little but I would just stop her. Now, she doesn't even pay attention to it.

Sorry so long! Just thought I would give you some info on how my vet did things and how Dest is doing. Hope all is going well with your baby. In my opinion, I would really talk to your vet about still needing pain meds. Maybe she will start eating if she is taken off of them. Good luck and you will both be in my prayers. Please PM me if you need any other info! Take care!
chuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!