View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
Rubi
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi, I'm not very experience myself but I'll try to help you out the best I can. I think it's all right for babies to poo because they're feeding after all, thing is it's not very common to spot it because moms usually diaper them.
Yeah, it sure is normal that the mom should cry whenever the babies are separated from her. Can you put the scales on the floor, next to the whelping-box so that mom will be able to keep an eye on the pups all the time. Maybe she gets a little less anxious is she's able to watch them.
I guess than as long as she's drinking the broth, she's having liquid intake. I'm not surprised she doesn't want any water, she sure finds broth much more appetizing. If you cut down on the amount of broth you're giving her progressively, she'll end up thirsty and will probably accept water.
As for the pee, as long as it's clear, I guess its ok. I don't think she passed any blood on her pee. What I think happened was that since she has just whelped she passed some blood through the vulva and it got mixed up with the pee.
Stay calm, I think Tinkerbell is doing just fine.
Rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!