View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
dray
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'sMommy View Post
Sorry I made this thread, but figured it would be easier this way

YAY!!! I am happy to report that Tinkerbell's babies are still doing great They are eating and sleeping like they should!!!

I have a couple of questions, if anyone can please help me

I thought I saw baby poo in the whelping box, can babies already poo??

I am going to weigh them today, but it makes Tinkerbell uncomfortable, and she cries if the baby cries, is this normal??

Tinkerbell is not drinking water, but I am feeding her Chicken breast with brown rice, and the broth from both the chicken and rice, so I guess she gets liquid from that.

When should I worry about her, I mean she only drinks the broth, she hasn't touched her water, but she is peeing and her pee is kind of clear not really yellow like before Is this normal, she had some blood in her pee the first couple of times she peed but now is mainly looking like water but smells like pee.

If anyone can help me I would appreciated very much, Does any one have recipes I can make her to increase her drinking
Thank You ladies, MICKIE
1. The babies can and must poo from the very first day, you don't see it as the mother keeps them clean.

2. Yes it is normal for the moms to get very upset with you when you take their babies away, set your scale up close to the pen and weigh them quick and get them back as soon as possible.

3. Yes your girl needs water, sometimes they will not leave their babies you will need to bring the water to her bedside and hold it for her. She should be back to drinking normal soon. They need lots of water. You can add some water to her broth.
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!