View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
Connie
Loved by Maddie & Libby
Donating Member

Default In memory of Mom and Dad

My sister, Judy, and I bought a memorial bench that sits at the cemetery directly across the road from Mom's and Dad's graves. This would have been ready by Memorial Day if the cement guys had gotten their part done, but they dragged their butts and just got it in a few weeks ago. Once that was done, the bench was put in. We also bought an Amur Maple tree and had planted directly behind the bench. We plan to do a little garden around the cement area, but since it got put in so late, we'll wait till next spring to do that. We are so happy we did this and it's in an area just across the road from the graves. We wanted it right by the graves, but there was just no room. We have had no rain here since June, and the whole cemetery is brown and dried, except for Mom's and Dad's grave which I water each day. I take the puppies for walks there each evening and noticed there are two other green graves, so I'm not the only one watering.

Here are pictures:

1. This is before the bench was put in...you can see the tree after it was just planted and the little chapel on the opposite corner of this block. The flags on the ground are where the cement was to go.

2. Here's Maddie, Libby and Scarlett...the first day the bench was put in. They had a clamp on one side of the bench which they removed the next day.

3. Closer up look at the wording.

4. Maddie and Libby. You can see the red on the tree in this picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hpim3012.jpg (69.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Bench1.JPG (78.9 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Hpim3212.jpg (66.2 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Hpim3209.jpg (65.5 KB, 59 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!