View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
tdessauer
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default stool sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by adahl View Post
Diesel is having a problem with diarrhea. I did a search and all the thread said to give Canned Pumpkin, but how much? For those who dont know, Diesel is 12 weeks. I dont know if giving him to much would cause more of a problem. Also if this doesnt help I will be taking a stool sample in to the vet to see what is going on. Any suggestions on how to take diarrhea stool in? Gross I know..... they gave me a cup thing but I am not sure how to get it in there. Also I am switching his food right now and I am thinking that might be the problem, if the canned pumpkin helps should I not be worried any more? He is acting fine, eating, I gave him white rice, he is drinking water and playing. He isnt going alot just when he would normally poop, about twice a day, it is really really running. THanks
To take in the diarrhea stool sample take a baggie and turn it inside out, stick your hand in it and use it to grab the stool then pull the baggy bag out to normal. You never have to touch the stool and you have a sample. You could also use a plastic spoon to put it in the baggie. Can you tell I"ve had to do this a few times????
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!