View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
Bmrchick
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Phoebe and babies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mentioned yesterday that we have to take phoebe ot the emergency vet. It all started when I took her to a "Previous" vet to get a oxi shot and check out the babies. He said Phoebe was very skinny, and that the babies took everthing out f her, and that we are going to run int problems with her feeding all of them. He said that the babies are small, but look good, and when he was examing Phoebe is said he felt another puppy possible 2 more. I said that you've got be be mistaken, he said that afer the shot if she did not have the other puppy by Sunday, to take her to a Emergency vet fr an xray and a c-section. (he does not have an exray machine in his office). He gave Phoebe vitamins and said that I would have to feed the puppies too. Well we went home, and in the afternoon, I was getting more and more worried, so we took her t thye Emergency vet. they did the xray and there are not anymore puppies. She also said that Phoebe looks good, and the puppies are very small but look good. I asked her if Phoebe needed extra calcium and she said no. I do not think she has enough milk. I weighed the puppies and they are very tiny. their weights are #1 girl 2.55 oz, #2 girl 2.50 oz #3 girl 2.55 oz #4 girl 3.20 oz and the tinest girl is 2.2 oz. Bx is 3.15 oz. This am one of the girls was very cold and limp. I warmed her up and feed her, now she is nursing and is doing alot better. The tiny girl has t fight for a nipple. I am so worried and need advise on how to save the babies since they seem so much smaller than all the other littlers.
Bmrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!