View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 01:07 PM   #6
minniemn
YT Addict

I am not a seasoned breeder, but I did have a very knowledgable mentor, who lent me her breeding box, which did have a rail around it, it is a small wooden box. Then around that I had put up a pen (like an X pen) and I had food and water in there, towels, ect... and a pillow for us to rest on (the human in with her- she didn't want to be alone) she could get in and out of her nest box, but not the pen... my mentor stated that when they get close they will try and run and hide, that was the reason for the pen.

My jasmine didn't try and run not at all, we opened up the pen so me and my husband could be by her during the later stages of labor, and she wanted to be on our laps... so she started her delivery on my husbands lap, then down on the floor between his legs to finish the delivery of the first pup. The second pup was "stuck" and so we put her in the box, and my mentor came out to help get the pup out ect... if Jaz would of had it her way, she would of had all her pups on our laps.

we had lots of blankets on the floor that the pen was on, so nothing would get on the carpet ect... I do have a pic of the set up we had.

good luck...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nesting area.jpg (38.7 KB, 130 views)
minniemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!