View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 01:58 PM   #6
Monday
AND Friday also!
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 019 never said PORK FAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
I would just only feed two or three times a day separately. I am not in favor of letting both have the prescription food even if the vet says its okay. I think I read in your other post that it is Science Diet. Most SD special diets have some horrible ingredients in them (including pork fat). Since when is pork okay for dogs? I am sure the vet would say both can have it because SD is "The Best Food" to most vets. I just wouldn't do it.
I am not sure if you are referring to my post or not.
But my vet would NEVER have me give Pork Fat to my Yorkies,
I did not say Science Diet, so perhaps it was not my post you were referring to ...

here is the break down of ingredients in the Low-Residue Puppy Food I give my babies ...

Low-Residue™ Puppy Dry Formula
Product Information

Low-Residue formulas are designed to nutritionally aid in the management of gastrointestinal conditions.
Your veterinarian may recommend these diets when your pet is experiencing vomiting, diarrhea, gas, or constipation.

Low-Residue is also recommended for the management of conditions such as colitis (inflammation of the colon), pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), dietary indiscretions, or inflammatory bowel disease.

Low-Residue formulas feature:
a special blend of fibers that benefit your pet's intestinal tract by nourishing the "good" intestinal flora and enhancing large bowel health low fat level for those pets that may have problems digesting and absorbing fat adjusted omega-6 Omega-3 fatty acid ratio to promote a healthy skin and coat, highly digestible for enhanced nutrient absorption, and extremely palatable for easy acceptance by your dog

Low-Residue Puppy is complete and balanced to provide nutrition for healthy growth and development.
Calories

4,640 kcal/kg,
435 kcal/cup,
3.30 oz./cup

Ingredients
Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Grits, Chicken, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E, and Citric Acid), Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed), Natural Chicken Flavor, Dried Egg Product, Fish Oil (preserved with Ethoxyquin), Dicalcium Phosphate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Fructooligosaccharides, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Flax Meal, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Rosemary Extract, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Cobalt Carbonate

Caloric Distribution
Protein 27%...
Fat 44%...
Carbohydrate 29%
Guaranteed Analysis

http://www.rxpetfood.com/index.asp?P...=Custom&ID=182

I am NOT recommending this for your dogs, I am only saying that this is what I am using
and it was recommended by my vet, whom I trust.

I would never tell someone to use what I do.

I might simply make a suggestion. Just trying to help.

Last edited by Monday; 08-17-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!