View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #21
Breny
My Tiny Treasures
Donating Member

Hi I'm from Michigan too!

I'm so sorry this happened to you I have never heard of her, so I don't know anything about her dogs, but WOW! Thats a HUGE price for puppies here in Michigan! Thats just crazy!

I just wanted to say you are better off, you don't want to buy from someone like that and to wish you luck on your puppy search!!!

Brenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemepretty View Post
I'm having a bad day First some of you know that I was almost scammed by a lady online by her lying about a puppy and it's age(trying to get more money for a smaller puppy by saying it was older). Finally got that straightened out and met a nice lady who was also scammed by the same lady. We both started relooking for a puppy and she found hers, me I thought I had. My Lola is in the 3 pound range and I want one that size as a playmate but not bigger.

I decided to pick one out in person this time. The lady lives about 2 miles from me and seems nice enough. She was expecting a litter from her little female and knew I wanted one. She called me when they were born(2 of them) and I went and visited. We agreed on a price(more than I really could afford - $3,000 but after what I had been through I thought it was worth it) and she told me I could have my pick of the two when they were older and you could tell them apart. I've been in contact with her and now they're 5 weeks old. I had stopped by a few times but she never showed me both puppies. Today, I asked to see both of them and she said "You can't have the one with white on it's chest, I'm keeping it and raising the price to $4500"

I've known this lady for awhile and thought I could trust her. She lied right to my face and in front of my children. The price we even agreed upon was a lot of money and there was NO WAY I was going to pay more than that. I was calm but inside of course I was aching. I wasn't about to hand over that kind of money for just any puppy after being lied to and told her that since I didn't feel she was being honest and that it was a lot of money I couldn't buy from her. She said she'd have no problem selling them for $3,000(the larger one) and $4500(the smaller one). My 10 year old was with me and in the car he told me that he was surprised that this 60 year old lady lied to us. She also bragged that she sees on the internet some selling for over $7,000(thanks alot Jeff Dane and that she can use the small ones for selling her puppies because people will think they'll all be like that. She told me she uses pictures of her 2 pound female in ads(even though that dog didn't come from her line and hasn't had puppies).

I look like a kid(I'm small) so I think I'm just an easy target for people to try to take advantage of me. I'm not cheap but I don't think I'm stupid either. Anyway, I just had to vent to someone who's probably been in my shoes. Well, for five weeks I thought I was going to be bringing home a puppy in a month but now it's not going to happen. I don't know how people can do that to each other. I'm seriously one of the nicest people you'd meet and don't understand why this keeps happening to me. Man, it's a good thing I believe in Karma so I know one day her greed will bite her in the butt. That puppy would have had the best home.

Breny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!