View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
paddys mom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Best Friends Long Island Dog Training.

Hi all,
I really haven't found any solution to my paddingtons dog park fear/aggression problem so we've decided to consult the professionals.

We are seriously considering Best Friends Long Island dog training www.muttmanners.com. I am in Manhasset NY right now and they are in Farmindale so its not too far. Its pretty pricey but they offer unlimited group classes for the life of the dog. Soooo I'm figuring if any other issues popped up and i needed some more help I would have to pay another training another 150/hr every time. This way I pay a lot upfront but I can go to classes or speak to the trainers whenever. Plus they do everything off leash...like train the dog to heel without a leash even with distractions. Which would be pretty awesome if Paddy could be that well trained. They use a weird pins and needles collar that i didn't like at first but they had me feel it and it wasn't painful. And they are letting us observe a class on Saturday and still get the 72hour special price even though we probably won't sign up till Monday.

They seem to have gotten good reviews on another long island forum I looked at too but i was wondering if anyone here had every heard about them or used them. Training Paddy and solving this dog park problem is EXTREMELY important to me so I would love to hear that people had good results before I plunk down $850 for a waste of time.

Thanks
~Toni, Greg and Paddy
paddys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!