View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebutterfly View Post
Hey all,

I am worried about my almost 10 month old Tobie. He has always been such a picky eater, but I am worried because he doesn't eat like I think he should. I offer him food in the morning and night and if doesn't eat it within 15 minutes, I take it up.....or lately I've been leaving it down to let him nibble, but he's not even doing that.

He's active and his usual playful self and all and nitpicks at food and is almost 6 pounds. Is this a normal thing for yorkies?

Tobie's mom
My experience...and I baby mine...is that if I get down on my knees with her and sit her between my knees and start hand-feeding her then after a few bites she will start eating on her own. I have found that some of them like you to sit down with them. That way they are not distracted. You can try this. It has always worked for me. Sometimes she will want me to feed her the whole meal. But not very often. She does frequently eat by herself now, but she doesn't want me running off to another room in the house and sometimes if I just sit there by her then she will be happy and go ahead and eat. Little doggies are all kind of funny this way, not just yorkies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!