View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 08:22 AM   #5
Stitches29
My Little Magwad

Three months old is still a baby. You may think he knows what to do, but his body waste muscles don't understand. Those muscles are not strong enough to hold it. We trained Maggie by taking her outside on a LEASH every hour during the day and every two hours at night. We would wake her up to go to the bathroom at night. During the day, after she did her business, I gave her a PP treat when we got back inside. At night, no talking or treat. Just business and back to bed. During the day if we could not watch her every move, then we put her in her exercise pen to play. At night, she slept in her crate (with a cover over it) in our bedroom. It took two months of solid training until her muscles got stronger. Never did we use the crate for anything except sleeping. Most owners work, so this type of training is very hard to do. I can only tell you that I am an older citizen and it was hard for me to do too. If you want a trained animal, it's up to you. Your baby can't do it themselves. Never, Never rub their noses in it. Yorkies DO NOT respond well to punishment or yelling. It will actually make them do the opposite of what you want out of them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!