View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #15
Rubies Mom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppylove17 View Post
According to AKC you can register a litter if the female is at least 8 months old and not over 12 years old. The male has to be at least 7 months old and not over 12 years old at the time of mating. Now I am not saying this would be the wise thing to do. Only that AKC seems to think its okay. If they are under or over the age stated it is still possible to get them registered but you have to have more proof that the mating took place. I think most reputable breeders retire their females at around 5 or 6 years old but according to AKC it would be okay if they bred them twice that long.
Also if you think you are feeling puppies move, it may be too late to terminate the pregnancy without danger to the mom. Good luck to you and I pray all will be well with Rubie.
Is she in good health? If she is pregnant, it would be a good idea to make some dietary changes now. There are a lot of knowledgeable breeders here who could make recommendations for what you should be feeding her to keep her healthy and to make sure she gets the proper nutrition during pregnancy and post whelping.
I have changed Rubies diet according to what my vet said and Rubie seems to be doing fine! Shes very playful right now and loves to cuddle. Also, I thought i read something about giving her cottage cheese?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!