View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #21
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

I wasn't going to respond...I have seen MANY posts on Pits get ugly...but, here goes...

I love all animals but, personally, I am absolutely terrified of this breed. Yes, I know people say it's all in how they are raised...in most cases I agree with this. However, our darling little furbabies were once used to kill rats...I know they are not used for this any longer but, how many of you have had your sweet little furgirl/boy catch a glimpse of a chipmunk, squirrel or a bird?? I don't know about your babies but, my girls stand straight up with their ears perked and would take after them in a heartbeat...I also believe this is (sad but,) true with Pits. If I was going to have a dog turn on me I certainly wouldn't want it to be one that could tear me apart.
Not that long ago and young woman had to call 911 because HER own dog was digging at her bathroom door trying to get at her..She was on the phone with the police and they asked her what she wanted them to do...she told them to shoot her dog. Everybody knows somebody who owns, the sweetest, most affectionate pit you could ever find....until it turns.....
I would be very leary about owning ANY big, strong dog around a 5lber.

I did NOT post this to "stir the pot" this is just my opinion....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!