View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #18
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvnvgirl View Post
I had a choking scare earier this month too....but I DID do the Heimlich b/c Max was becoming clonic and I was all alone. I didn't even know WHAT it was that he had; I had just given him some of his dry food ("snacks") and walked down to the corner to pick up the mail and when I came in the front door, he was choking and almost seizuring. It was so scary, knowing that I had nobody to drive or call the vet or anything and all I could think of to do was be as gentle as I could and try the basic cpr stuff you do....I swiped his mouth and in doing so, I think I pushed whatever it was down far enough that he could get it down (NOT my intention, but it thankfully did the trick). It doesn't really matter if it's one or 20; all it takes is one for them to get stuck in their little esophaguses . Max was basically ok after that, but during the night, he vomited, which I had expected him to do hours earlier, but.....he's ok now. It's really frightening though. I'm so glad that Sugar is ok too! It's like we can never be too careful! I did, however, print out the yorkie cpr and heimlich instructions though!
OMG I am so happy and impressed that you were able to keep a level head with Max! I know how terrified you were and you handled it beautifully!

I always thought I handled stress well- I have a 12 yr. old daughter and we've had our share of accidents including a mild concussion and I always felt like I kind of went into an almost zen mode. Stay calm and handle the situation- freak later when it's taken care of. Well boy did I drop the ball with Sugar. Thank God my husband was there.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!