View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 11:07 AM   #12
Tina_Luvs_Missy
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
You are not alone with this problem. I too live at home with my parents. While i am the sole provider for my dog, my parents seem to feel the need to do their 'grandparent' duties and spoil the hell out of my dog. They give her table scrapes because she is cute and she begs them. I do not. so morgan knows that at dinner time she can go to my mom and dad, or even my brother in law to get food. she doesn't come anywhere near me even if i call her because she knows i will not give her food. So what did i do?

Well in most cases she goes in her ex-pen in my room downstairs when i go upstairs to eat. i don't let on that its dinner time. i just tell her to 'kennel up', close the door and walk away. since i do this a couple times a day she has no reason to suspect that kennel time equals 'people eating time'. When i do allow her to be upstairs while we eat i tell her to go lie down in the living room (which is 5 feet from the dining room). if she gets up and walks over to the table i 'shht' her and tell her to go lie back down. if she gets up and goes to do her own thing away from the table that's perfectly fine.

Let me tell you that morgan is 4lbs. she is a tiny thing and when she was a baby she carried on and threw fits. However i knew she wasn't going to hurt herself in her pen, and i knew that her crying wasn't going to do anything but exhaust herself (just like with children).

But if your just looking for treats to shut her up for a few minutes then try giving her bully sticks, flossies, dental bones, kongs with peanut butter or frozen yogurt, or any type of meat chew. you need to find out what works for her.
Exactly like Missy.... whenever it's time to eat, she goes str8 to my parents, and never to me.

Thank you everyone for more treat recommendations
Tina_Luvs_Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!