View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 06:47 AM   #11
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina_Luvs_Missy View Post
Guys, trust me, I've tried it all. I even had another thread about the excessive barking and begging by Missy... and used the advice.... but she still continues. Thanks to my parents, they gave in easily ... seeing that sad puppy face sitting down so cute.... It was an on-going situation with my parents and Missy, so i really don't think I CAN STOP IT. It would probably take a professional trainer to do the job, but we don't have any money for that right about now...

I am aware that some members give a treat for their dog while they eat, so they know that it is time for humans to eat, HERE IS YOUR Treat. Please guys, let me know what are great treats out there for yorkies. Thank you.

BTW, I don't like keeping her locked in a room because she goes insane .... starts to jump up and down against the door... she is too small (therefore fragile) and I am afraid she will hurt herself. Also, the whole kennel idea doesn't work too... she just cries and cries and cries.... leading to extreme stress, and I don't want that for her. I know Missy... she is too hard headed lol... and quite frankly a spoiled little one because she has gone through so much and nearly died. yes it is our fault... but I am not here disgusting that, I just simply need sources on great treats for these lovely dogs. Thank you , anyway.
You are not alone with this problem. I too live at home with my parents. While i am the sole provider for my dog, my parents seem to feel the need to do their 'grandparent' duties and spoil the hell out of my dog. They give her table scrapes because she is cute and she begs them. I do not. so morgan knows that at dinner time she can go to my mom and dad, or even my brother in law to get food. she doesn't come anywhere near me even if i call her because she knows i will not give her food. So what did i do?

Well in most cases she goes in her ex-pen in my room downstairs when i go upstairs to eat. i don't let on that its dinner time. i just tell her to 'kennel up', close the door and walk away. since i do this a couple times a day she has no reason to suspect that kennel time equals 'people eating time'. When i do allow her to be upstairs while we eat i tell her to go lie down in the living room (which is 5 feet from the dining room). if she gets up and walks over to the table i 'shht' her and tell her to go lie back down. if she gets up and goes to do her own thing away from the table that's perfectly fine.

Let me tell you that morgan is 4lbs. she is a tiny thing and when she was a baby she carried on and threw fits. However i knew she wasn't going to hurt herself in her pen, and i knew that her crying wasn't going to do anything but exhaust herself (just like with children).

But if your just looking for treats to shut her up for a few minutes then try giving her bully sticks, flossies, dental bones, kongs with peanut butter or frozen yogurt, or any type of meat chew. you need to find out what works for her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!