View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #23
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

And...She's going to be 14...well, yorkies should live AT LEAST 10 years. So what happens in a year when she goes to high school, and has all these activities, and friends, and drives, etc. She's not going to want to be tied to coming home after school to let her yorkie out, and take care of it-she'll want to be off with her friends! After high school, what happens if she goes off to a college? Most dorms don't allow pets, and would she even really want to take the dog with her? I know what it's like living away at school, as many of you do, and between the classes, and the studying, and the PARTYING, there is no way I could have handled taking care of a yorkie then.

Please help her to understand that having a yorkie is like having a toddler, only it never grows up. I love Graylene's idea about having her take care of your yorkie for a weekend....but maybe she should not only have a trial period with your yorkie, but also taking care of her 2 year old sister for a weekend, all on her own, and see how she feels about it after that!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!