Thread: at what age..
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 06:14 AM   #9
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelsyorkie View Post
Thank you. I researched some on the net but didnt really find the answers I am looking for... Someone answered a lady having a similiar question on yahoo answers saying maybe its just a crap dog w/bad genes Which I guess maybe could be, but is a very rude way of saying it. Tilula is AKC, I know that doesnt always mean much with some of the breeders practices out there, I have heard some horror stories. Not from any breeder on yorkietalk or anything.

I am just looking for some advice on stimulating hair growth. I think brushing daily will help & bathing more often, her diet is good but could something be added. Come on yorkie owners of the fab hair blessed share your secrets, there's room for more then one gorgeous yorkie in here.

Good diet, clean coat are the answers to growing a good coat. Over brushing is not recommended.

What your baby has is an extremely slow growing silk coat (what you're looking for), looking at her pictures, her coat is just where it should be....
She won't reach full coat until the age of 2. Environmental issues are also a contributing factor.......running on grass, laying on furniture, playing on carpet, etc. I wouldn't worry too much, just have patience..

Genetics have alot to do with it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!