View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 04:53 AM   #14
yorkieskater
No Longer a Member

Mine came home with kennel cough too. He has long legs, maybe a slight higher back, underbite, and it 10lbs instead of the 5.5 he was estimated to be. Originally I wanted a medium (not too small) yorkie because I travel and take him tow ork with me and I have back problems. Oh well...now I have a t-pot. His personality is awesome, he is beautiful, and the best silky shiny coat I've ever seen that does not matt. So the other stuff, I was willing to overlook.
I spent a lot of $$ because I was very clear that I wanted some years without majory health problems. I guess it is the luck of the draw. I understand backyard breeders are bad but I just can't see spending thousands of dollars for dogs who come with underbits and eventually LS so young (1 1/2 years old) which means more $$ for me that has already far exceeded the price of the dog. My last yorkie came from my stepfather's sister who bred her yorkie. He was bigger...looked more like a silky but was so healthy. Lived to 16 and probably would have done better had I not over done it with the vaccines. (he had a reaction to one at 13 and started developing tremors and seizures for the next 3 years).
The breeder this time originally offered to pay all the medical over thephone but is now backing out. I've also had some bad treatment but that is a long story and I dont' want to get into details.
I also know that she's already lied to people about the liver shunt dog that she has produced saying that she hasn't had any. What is the point of asking breeders questions if they aren't going to tell you the truth?
suz
yorkieskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!