View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

I was fortunate that another person who stopped sewing game me permission to use her patterns for the classic harness and tank harness that I make, though I have altered the tank a bit. The nightie, dress and bikini harness I make are my designs from just playing around as are a few other things I have made my girls and decided not to offer for sale.

I personally like working with cotton or cotton/poly fabrics the best. I don't use snaps cause I HATE hand-sewing, but velcro is a pain and really hard on your machine as well.

Everyone is different, but for me I tried to make "standard" sizes that fell into a few categories. For the most part, I like to work with actual measurements to ensure a proper fit - so pretty much everything is custom made.

I haven't yet done a business license. I have been saving receipts and will decide at the end of the year if it is worth doing that or not. It is a pretty simply thing to file as a sole proprietor. With my other business (as a yoga/pilates instrutor) we simply file a Schedule C with our normal taxes.

I use USPS regular mail. For some areas it only takes a day or two, for others it can be longer - but as postal rates keep going up using Priority Mail, UPS or FedEx would just be way too expensive. I start shipping charges at $2.00 and with the new rates, the least amount I pay is $1.18 - so you need to also take into account your envelopes and whatever packing supplies you are using as well.

I don't sell my doggie clothes on Ebay. I tried a few things and it didn't work at that time for me. Ebay fees range depending on how you list an item and what it sells for. Paypal charges are a few cents on the dollar, but it gives you some protection both as a buyer and seller.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by LuvMySissy; 08-09-2007 at 06:58 PM.
LuvMySissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!