View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 10:05 PM   #10
Holly_QD
Everyday's A HollyDay!
Donating Member

Hi, these guys are right. You can't give them free range of the house right away. Start off slow. I used to change the pads too often and Holly would always sniff around trying to smell where she'd done it before. Well I had already taken that out. I bought a training aid spray that is supposed to smell like pee (their momma's pee supposedly) and that really helped me. You spray it on the pad and have them smell it. Also associate one word for relieving himself and stick with it. Holly can now pee on command if I need her to do it before we go somewhere. These are tricky little guys too. Right when you think they are completely trained, they start doing it all over the place. I think they need to constantly be reminded of where to go. Also don't forget to treat them and/or really celebrate when he goes on his pad. I would practically throw a party at the beginning every time she'd go. There's excellent advice on here. If you do a search I'm sure you'll find just what you need to know. Good Luck and I can't wait to hear how it goes.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!