Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHIE View Post
I was behind a guy who had a 25# bag of Beneful in his shopping cart
in ShopRite waiting to check out I wanted so much to tell him the bag
looks beautiful but there is crap inside but I just could not get up the
nerve. Some people don't like being told what to do and other's are
thankful you said something. When ever I see that commercial on TV
I think of that guy and the huge bag of crap he bought.
I always think the same thing when I'm at a grocery store and someone has a big bag of Beneful, Pedigree, Dog chow, etc. I always think "Why are you buying that crap?" The truth is most people are very uneducated about pet nutrition and what is in dog food. I'm visiting my parents right now and was feeding Lacy her raw medallions for dinner the other night. My dad's friend said "Totty (his yorkie) gets plain 'ol dog food." I didn't ask what that meant but I figured whatever was cheapest at Walmart... Most people just don't know - they think any old dog food is fine. And, yes it will keep the dog alive, but think how much healthier they would be and how much longer the dog would have lived it it had been fed better? And the thing is - if you watch commercials for those foods, they tell you it is made with choice cuts of meat, real fruits and veggies, and whole grains. I thought there were laws against false advertising but the pet food industry LIES about it's food all the time - major false advertising. Those colored pieces in beneful are not fruits and veggies - they are corn and byproducts dyed those colors - dyes are so bad for dogs too. No premium food has dyes in it.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!