View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #13
Desiree
Yorkie Yakker

Have you considered using pee pee pads? Did you get him from a breeder? It is possible that the breeder started training him on pads so he is confused. My maltese is 3 months old and has learned to go on his pads; he rarely has an accident. His breeder also had him using pads, but he'd sometimes confuse rugs for pads when I brought him home hehe. I fixed that by getting him a litter box & putting his pad in that. Now for the most part he goes potty in the right spot and even races to his litter box in the middle of playing (toy in mouth and all lol). If I take him out for walks he won't pee on the grass, but he will poop on it lol

I wouldn't use his name to scold him as it may cause him to stop understanding what you want him to do when you say his name. You should say his name to get his attention. Otherwise it ends up being something like Max means look at me, Max means go to the bathroom, Max means good boy, Max means bad boy, Max means lets play, etc. (or human version - Molly go to bed, Molly go to work, Molly wash the dishes, Molly come here, Molly start cooking, etc). See what I'm saying? If you use his name to mean multiple things he may stop knowing what it means and may just ignore it not knowing what it is you want him to do.

Desiree
Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!