View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:38 PM   #10
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default I Am Such A WRECK Tonight...

I am such a wreck tonight. Newman was due to have his ultra sound tomorrow and Jersey is due to be spay tomorrow. Originally, we were quoted a TOTAL of between $1500 - $2000 for EVERYTHING. Post op and surgery (For Newman). Sunday it cost me over $200 for blood work and aspiration of the lymph node. I got a call tonight to let me know that the cost of Newman's ultra sound tomorrow will be $500 (That is chest x ray and ultra sound). I posted this under the general Yorkie forum. I think $500 is RIDICULOUS. They are charging me for a 1/2 day stay at the hospital. 1/2 day stay for What? It's a friggin ultra sound. It's not only that, I am just having such a horribl time with all of this. I am PETRIFIED that I will lose my baby during the surgery. I've explained that Newman is 10 yrs. old. This tumor has never been seen before. And, he has a collapsed trachea. I'm very uncomfortable with the statitics of an 89 percent survival rate with amputation because I feel as if we are being given false hope. My husband asked our vet "how can you give this kind of success rate, when you've never seen this before." He said he's basing it on other tumors in other areas, but admitted that he has no idea how this will react once they operate. I don't want my baby to die during surgery, or suffer after surgery only to find out he's no better and I don't want to put him to sleep. This is a position I wouldn't want to see ANYONE in. And to top it all off Jersey goes in for a routine spay tomorrow morning and I'm worried over that and did I mention I'm being charged $410 for a spay too. I realize that they run a business but I just can't help but feel that Newman may be someone's guinnee pig at our expense. Like they may be just raking up a big bill and yet know they may not save him. Maybe I'm just being over sensative tonight. I just feel physically ill. We don't have unlimited funds and they keep raising our prices higher and higher. Sorry to ramble. This has just been one of the worse days I've had. I can't figure out whether to cry or throw up over all of this. I am just so so sick over the though of losing him. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!