View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 11:23 AM   #14
ditsy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thank you all so much, Its surprising how much comfort your posts are.

I find myself sat here waiting for e-mails from friends and family. I only moved to the states 4 years ago, from england, and dont really have much in the way of close friends here in the states. (E-mail being the main source of communication between my family & friends in the UK).

Moving here was pretty hard, and even though my husband is allergic to dogs, about two years ago my husband bought me my first Yorkie (Jacob - the one with the bone in the video) because I come from Yorkshire, England.

Cutting a long story short, Jacob became very sick and required to have constant attention for the first few months of his life with us ... he grew up to be an amazing companion, but had serious separation issues because he had to spend most of his first few months in my arms being nursed back to health.

We got Sophie to help him, to be a companion when we were out and unable to have him with us ... We joked that Sophie was Jacobs "Christmas Present" as we picked her up a week before Christmas 2006.

Sophie taught him so much, how to play with toys, how to eat food without assistance (Jacob wouldn't eat unless I put it on my finger and fed him) - He hasn't realised she has gone yet, but I know it will hit him hard soon.

I wasn't that close to Sophie at first, she was big (11lbs last time we weighed her), had a round body, and short stubby legs. She didn't "need" me like Jacob did and rather would sleep on the floor instead of besides me.

But over the next few months as her personality developed, she began to shine .... her easy going attitude, her affectionate nature, the way she let Jacob tease her even though she would of been able to stop him with a well placed paw ... were all amazing qualities ..... despite not being the "standard" Yorkie frame she was incredibly pretty, soft warm fur, and the most expressive eyes you can imagine.

You could not of asked for a more perfect dog.

I'm sorry I rambled on a bit there ... *smile*

Following my post earlier, I think when we pick up her ashes we will find a beautiful wooden box and keep her in the living room, somewhere discreet but visible. The husband & I discussed burial, but we believe its against the city rules and there is a lot of wooded land around here, which brings the fear of something digging her up.

Also, this isn't going to be our last home, and I want to be able to take her with us when we move.

Your ideas were a great help to me, I appreciate you sharing your personal moments with me.

To everyone who replied, THANK YOU, you do not know how much comfort you have given me.

I'll end with a quote from my father in law, who met her for the first time last week.

"She was for sure the best kisser we ever knew".
ditsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!