View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
ditsy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Goodbye Sophie Bear

I dont really post here enough for any of you to know my dog, but I didn't know really where else to post.

Yesterday, while in the park, my Sophie saw a little girl on a scooter and ran across the road to see her.

Unfortunately, she didn't see the car and was knocked over.

We rushed her to the vets, but I knew in the car there was nothing that could be done, she was dead on arrival.

She was an amazing sweet soul and ... and .. right now I'm so in shock that I'm having difficulty finding the words.

I know this community is warm and supportive and I thank you in advance of your kind words.

However, the main reason for my post is ...

What do we do now ? Practically ?

I didn't want to post this in the main forum as its just too depressing, but I feel as though I should be doing something.

The vet said he would take care of the body and would give me her ashes in a week.

I feel she deserves a little more than to be returned to me in a plastic bag in a cardboard box.

Can anyone share there experiences with me? What did you do for your baby? Cremation? Burial ?

While cost isn't a huge factor, both my husband and I are very practical people and don't believe in wasting money, but at the same time I do feel I need to mark the event someway, a celebration of her life perhaps.

I dont know .... I dont know the options, she was less than a year old ... I hadn't researched this and now I dont feel capable of doing so.

Any advice would be appreciated.

A short video on YouTube if your curious - Sophie is the one in my lap.
ditsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!