View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
JoyRenee
YT 500 Club Member

Question Overeating??? Not a cleft Palate

My Peaches, only having one little puppy has all her nipples and milk to herself and it seems as if she is definitely taking full advantage of this.
However, Me being the worrier that I am... She has milk coming out of her nose almost after every nursing. She is def. gaining weight very very fast. From birth she was 2 ounces and on her 10 day when I weighed her last night she was 8 ounces. I had two different veterinarians check her out and both said she has "No Cleft Palate" I even have looked when she gives her long big yawns while holding her,... I as well see a perfect palate.
I told my vet of this milk coming out of her nose and he said its because she is getting so much milk at once. He checked her lungs by listening to her and she said she is doing Great... But it is still disturbing to me. I do syringe her nose when it happens because of fear it would go to her lungs. Any advice? Should I stop her from eating as long. How would I know if she is overeating? She is very energetic, it seems.. I mean, she is only going on 11 days today. So, anyones help, experience or reassurance would be great

Join today and remove this ad!