View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 06:49 AM   #2
Nomiland
Senior Yorkie Talker

wow, you sound a lot like me. We have also always had large dogs and Nomi (our yorkie pup) is our first small breed dog. All of the problems that you have mentioned sound very normal to me. I am a teacher so I don't work during the summer. We got Nomi at the beginning of the summer. This gave me a lot of time to spend with her. Now she is more willing to go into her crate without a fuss and can spend a couple of hours there by herself. Logan's probably just getting use to his new environment away from his other sibblings and mother. We have found that the potty training just takes time. Our large dog caught on in a matter of weeks. Our yorkie pup .... well she is slowly getting it. Keeping her on a feeding schedule and potty schedule has worked best for us. She also is confined to whatever room I am in at the present time. This keeps her from sneaking off and peeing somewhere else in the house and we have learned to keep her on a leash when around the larger dog. We do this so that we can correct her when she gets too rough with him. Give it some time and it will get better.
Nomiland is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!