View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 06:16 AM   #1
Ponyup
YT 1000 Club Member

Confused Worried First-Time Mom

First I'm new to Yorkietalk, second I'm a bit of a worry wart, and third I've never had a puppy of my own before. I picked up my Yorkie pup on Friday (so I would have the long weekend to get him acclimated to my husband & I). He was the big boy of the litter, and I'm beginning to think the alpha of the litter also. He was not weened before we picked him up. He is 7 weeks old & his name is Logan. I've had dogs all my life, but they've always been large dogs. I was just wondering if the stuff my husband and I are working through are normal and if it'll get better. 1st We're having a little trouble with potty training, we'll take him out and about as soon as we bring him back in he'll potty on the carpet, 2nd he tries to bite and when you tell him no he growls, 3rd he barks when he wants something, and 4th he whines and cries when we leave him alone. He has a crate he sleeps in. When my husband and I are at work we gate him out on our enclosed patio so he has more room to play. We go home at lunch to let him out. Will he ever get over being left alone? Also we have a cat and they're not really getting on too well. Sorry so long. Just looking for a little piece of mind.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!